It’s always the stuff I didn’t get done that bothers me and gets me down. Usually when it involves chores. I try to remind myself of all the things I have accomplished, but … its hard.
However, I do have a lot of good things going for me. I’ve got nearly everything I’ve wanted out of life. I am grateful for the things, the friends and family, and the freedoms I’ve got. There are still things I want to improve, but mostly those are with myself. I want to lose some belly and butt. I want to remodel my master bath and closets. I want to go to other countries for vacations.
I also want to make Moirae Publishing a successful company. I suppose I should define for myself what “Successful” is though.
Successful = having a goal and achieving it. Setting challenges and meeting them.
But that would probably be personal success. I set a goal to get a good job and a house of my own, and other nice things. Then I went and got them.
Business success though? Maybe being able to have paid employees who do the work I’m doing now because the company is making enough money to cover it.
What are all the things I’m currently doing as an ‘employee’ of MP:
- Looking for books to publish.
- Formatting books for print and epub on Amazon/KDP, and Smashwords plus the extended distribution.
- Commissioning/purchasing art for covers and promotional materials.
- Purchasing inventory for MP vendor tables at conventions.
- Arranging for vendor tables at conventions, including accommodations.
- Motivating artists under MP umbrella to create promotional artwork and original artwork for sale at MP vendor tables and on website.
- Commissioning marketing materials and posting them online.
- Maintaining FB, Twitter, and other social media presence for MP.
- Personally appearing at all MP events.
I should get together with a local bookstore and see if they want to do an event… or would like to be an outlet for our books. And other author books I get in cahoots with.